Cucumber raita a veg recipes of India
Raita is one of the things without which Indian meal seems incomplete. And this cucumber raita is prepared using curd, which is high in protein and low in unhealthy fat. It is good at digestion and weight loss. This recipe contains zero fat and low calories.
The following are the steps to prepare cucumber raita.
- 2 green cucumbers
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 500gm curd
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted and powdered cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander or mint leaves
- Peel the cucumber
- Halves them lengthways and remove the seeds.
- Check the bitterness.
- Cut the cucumber into small dices.
- Sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes
- Then drain away liquid and rinse the cucumbers quickly in cold water.
- Drain well
- Combine with beaten curd, lemon and taste to see if more salt is required.
- Roast the cumin seeds in a dry pan, shaking the pan or stirring constantly, until brown.
- Bruise or crush seeds and sprinkle over curd.
- Served chilled, garnished with mint or coriander leaves.